Sunday, May 2, 2010

a little scared

Today is kind of a low one. I was planning to hang out with my brother and nephews and go spend a day at the discovery museum in sausalito but i had to cancel. my hip is doing scary things again. That feeling of instability, like my hip will give out on me is back. this morning i rode the stationary bike for a little bit, and then was doing a little stretching. i did a little straight leg stretch - bent over, like touching my toes, and my hip had that strange slippery feeling and then felt like it popped out of the socket - all in the matter of a second or two. startling and painful. and scary since that hadn't happened in almost 2 weeks :( then going up stairs in my house my hip had a sharp pain and instability again. all of a sudden my hip is feeling really loose again - like its dangling in the socket. i debated for a few minutes, but decided that a day of walking around and trying to interact with 2 year olds was a bad idea. seems like a day of even walking around my house is a bad idea. so, i'm on the couch. sad. its sunday so i can't even reach my doctor. i haven't called him yet with my scared questions but i think this deserves a phone call. my worst fears all come to the surface in times like these. what if my surgery made things worse, not better. what if i never even get to bike again, or walk and hike. its a beautiful day outside, but its a dark day here.

2 comments:

  1. Virginia,
    I'm sure it's very unnerving to have this sypmtom. I think a phone call to your doc is a great idea. The weeks proceeding my surgeries I had many odd sensations.
    Open your shades and let that sunshine in because very soon YOU will be back on your bike and have YOUR life back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Noell :) I'm trying to just believe that it will all be ok in the end. The road from here to there is much easier that way. I hope all is well with you!
    v

    ReplyDelete