Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Walking is hard

Yesterday was the start of "50% weight bearing". This means that if I'm standing still, i can put even weight on both feet. If I'm walking I need to still use the crutches so that when I step on the operated leg, I only get 50% of my weight. Well, standing is hard, walking is next to impossible. Everything in my hip screams when I try to walk with any sort of normal stride. Its sort of spooky. Get lots of crunching and popping to. None of this really worries me - I guess that says a lot about where I'm at with this mentally. I hope by the end of this week (i.e. 4th week post op), I can at least walk semi comfortably at 50% weighbearing. And, I hope the other hip is easier and faster to recover, because this is pretty slow. Mostly, I hope this hip just ends up healing up all nice and smooth and pain-free - even if it takes its sweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment